Jobs and Internships
Sustainability Planning Manager
Boston, MA (Flexible)
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. (KLA) is seeking an experienced Sustainability Planning Manager to support our team as we help our clients drive sustainability and climate action planning and engagement activities. KLA is a woman-owned, benefit corporation that partners with local governments to build the sustainable community they envision. We do this by delivering affordable tools and services to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate climate and sustainability goals and programs.
This is an opportunity to work with our growing team of climate, sustainability, engagement, and communications specialists. We are looking for someone who is passionate about planning for and taking action to create more sustainable communities by addressing climate change. We expect this hire will have at least 3- 5 years planning knowledge and experience, with a focus on climate change, sustainability, and/or resilience. This position will provide an opportunity for significant growth to manage a diverse set of tasks and client projects. We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, passionate person to shape the position. Some travel may be required (as evolving COVID-19 circumstances permit). There is a preference for this position to be located in the greater Boston area, but not required.
● Work closely with Director of Client Services to develop and deliver planning projects related to climate change mitigation, adaptation, and community resilience for a variety of local government and state clients
● Design and deliver climate action planning processes
● Support stakeholder and public meeting facilitation (online and in-person, as COVID-19 circumstances permit)
● Collaborate with Director of Communications and Engagement and the Equitable Engagement Manager to ensure alignment between public engagement and communications efforts and our broader client project deliverables and goals
● Collaborate with our GHG services team to communicate and deliver datadriven decision-making processes
● Build relationships with clients and identify opportunities to enhance support
● Support project delivery best practices through research, networking, and other means
● General admin support as needed
● Entrepreneurial spirit- must be comfortable in a startup environment
● Experience/ability to work in a consulting environment that focuses on high quality delivery on time and budget
● Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to easily translate data and science into everyday terms
● Some combination of advanced degree in urban planning and/or minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the sustainability, climate mitigation and/or adaptation field
● Experience in planning and/or local government
● Must be willing to continuously learn and improve performance
● Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a dynamic environment
● Comfort in remote-working environment
● Project Management Experience
● Experience working with local or state governments on sustainability/resiliency/climate change
● Familiarity with GHG accounting, target setting, and/or sustainability metrics
● Facilitation experience and/or experience with a public engagement process
Please provide sample materials that you feel demonstrate the depth and breadth of your sustainability planning knowledge and communication skills. This can be a paper, a presentation, blog, article, video, podcast - whatever you want!
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com by September 18, 2020.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides competitive salaries and personalized benefits. Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.